- My friends, who send me emails, letters/care packages, skype, and facebook me. Hearing about your lives back home makes me feel closer to you and happy to know you haven’t forgotten me :)
- My friends here in Mozambique who are always so welcoming, inspiring, and supportive. Seriously don’t know what I would have done without you guys!
- My roommate, who has to put up with me 24/7 and still likes me (she also makes the best food!!).
- My boyfriend, who is the best. I’m the luckiest girl in the world.
- All of my family, especially my mom who always calls, reads my blog, and does her best to make sure I get everything I ask for (and everything else I forgot but realized I needed once I got it ;) ).
- A new house/community and an opportunity to have a fresh start.
- Being a Peace Corps Volunteer. I’ve learned so much and grown as a person in more ways than I can imagine.
We hosted a small Thanksgiving celebration at our new house
this year. Everyone pitched in to help cook and we had a fantastic turn out!
Volunteers from most of the northern provinces came and we also had a few
Japanese volunteers stop by.
The pies: Cashew (we have so many cashews here but no
pecans!), Apple, and Pumpkin! They were all fantastic!
Cooking the turkey. Charcoal at the bottom of a hole that
was covered up to keep the heat in.
Group shot

No comments:
Post a Comment