Wednesday, December 26, 2012

October 27, 2012


Wow. I cannot believe I’ve already been here for a month! I feel like it’s only been a few weeks. We just had our Halloween party and I’m writing this now in my room, listening to the music blasting from one of the neighbors (Stephen’s house. It’s his sister’s birthday!). The Halloween party was a lot of fun. I wore my black maxi dress (Mindy, it’s not shrunken anymore! Yey!), drew whiskers on my face with eye liner, and made mini cat ears and taped them to my headband. First time I’ve dressed up for Halloween I think since freshman year of college! We went to the building the math teachers use as a classroom/office and boy is that place awesome. A beautiful old building and the view of the hills in the backyard was breathtaking, especially with the clouds hugging the top. Misty and green, just so pretty! There were a few neighborhood kids that kept trying to come in and join the party. Towards evening a small group of us took a five minute walk down a side path to a really pretty waterfall/cascade near a catholic monastery thing. So serene, I’d like to go there again sometime soon.

 The view from the Math Hub.

At the Halloween Party! From left to right: a grape (Stephen), Ninja Turtle (Casey), a cat (me), and mother nature (Andrea). 

Other than that, I can’t think of much else to talk about. We switched our Language and Culture Facilitator and I miss my old LCF. This new one doesn’t smile very much or use positive reinforcement. Our first LCF was the nicest guy (He likes country music and Vampire Diaries!). We’re going to switch classes this week. I’m excited that we’re going to get a new instructor but I’m going to miss my classmates. On Wednesday we will find out where we’re going to visit current volunteers. The visit will last about a week and we’re all pretty excited to find out where we’re going! We won’t know where our official site is until November 14th but it’ll be nice to see other parts of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment