Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 28, 2013


These past few weeks have been a lot of fun and pretty exhausting at the same time. I met up with half of the volunteers in the MOZ 19 group at reconnect in the city of Nampula (hot showers and delicious food that I didn’t have to cook or pay for!). The sessions were really insightful and entertaining. We got to hear about how different our homes are compared to other volunteers, which took a long time but completely worth it.

The meeting lasted three days. When that finished, 16 of us traveled down to Vilankulos, Inhambane. It took us about 30 hrs thanks to the horrible road conditions but it was completely worth it! I was able to meet up with some of the volunteers who were in the other half of our group and see more of Mozambique as well. We also paid the equivalent of around 17 dollars to stay in a Mozambican house with a view of the ocean. I don’t know where else in the world I could have got such a great deal.

Liz and I are now traveling back home. We’re going to start teaching again this coming week, wish us luck! Here are some photos from my trip, enjoy! Love and miss you all. Stay well :)

 Hanging out with Helen, Tram, and Sarah!

 Sunrise on the ocean.

 Hanging out with Nick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment