Friday, September 6, 2013

July 26, 2013

First half of the break is over! Nick flew up to Pemba to come visit and is the only person who visited us for more than three hours! Haha he helped us pack and move everything into the Peace Corps car. It looks like today is the official date of our move to Meconta! Nick and I will be going to Pemba to meet his parents. They're flying into Pemba tomorrow and will be in Cabo Delgado for a week. Liz, therefore, is going to the new house and after that she'll be at a conference in the city. One more quick goodbye to Mariri. It's been a good eight months but it's time to go!

Nick hanging out with some of the kids.

One of my classrooms. I had about 70 students.

One of the old abandoned buildings I use to walk by every day. Mariri used to be run by Catholic Priests.

 Hanging out with some of the teachers.

One of our neighbors and fellow teacher, Agneta. The hallway behind us is the building complex we lived in with the other teachers.

 Three of the kids that use to come by our house all the time. The little girl, Reina, used to cry when she saw us. I'm going to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment