The ride up was really nice because we were in a private car. Thank goodness, because I was sick the whole ride over and the entire time I was on the island as well. It seems that my stomach and Africa still aren't on good terms. Didn't stop me from eating delicious homemade Mozambican seafood though ;) It was still a fun trip and I am so glad I had the opportunity to go before I left Cabo. Here are some photos from our vacation:
Baboons on the side of the road!
Traveling on a Dhow to the island. Can you spot me? :)
The fort. There were lots of artists inside and a beautiful view of the ocean from the top.
A silversmith making a necklace. Ibo is famous for their silver jewelery.
The boat we took back to the mainland. It was much fancier than the Dhow!
Rain approaching the island.
Low tide! It is so shallow in the archipelago you can only use a Dhow during high tide.
No comments:
Post a Comment