Sunday, June 15, 2014

April 15, 2014

When I finished teaching today I walked over to where Elizabeth was sitting with the other teachers. The first thing she said to me was, “Jamie, I did something stupid.” which completely freaked me out. I thought she had locked the keys outside (I knew I should have hid the spare key yesterday when I had the chance!) or something had happened to the dog. Before I could say anything else, she lifted up the cloth that was in her lap to reveal an adorable kitten that was only a few weeks old. We had already had three kittens that died on us and I had told Elizabeth many times that I was going to wait until I was back in America to try again but he was so cute! When Elizabeth had been on her way to school, she saw lots of kids poking it with a stick and all alone so she saved it. We brought it home and here it is! He’s pretty cute, so far his name is Muffin but we’re looking for a more Mozambican name for him.

Looking cute.

His favorite spot.

The growing kitten (he’s never quiet). When we first got him he didn't have any teeth!
And, finally, here’s a photo of Luca. Just so she doesn’t feel too left out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment